It goes without saying that the playground is a crucial part of childhood. A good safety profile should be ensured when the children play around on the playground. Hence rubber playground tiles you choose must be able to support the high foot traffic of children, and for that, they must be robust enough. They should help reduce the impacts caused by injuries and falls.
But is it enough to address the security parameter alone? Take a look at some of the features that you should consider while choosing the best playground rubber tiles.
How to choose the best rubber playground tiles?
Tip 1: Consider the critical drop height
The critical drop height is one of the primary aspects to look for in playground rubber tiles. The risk of injuries scratches and falls increases significantly while children climb and play on the playgrounds. Yes, the kids can handle minor injuries, but serious falls will lead to fatal injuries.
According to the standards established by ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials), the drop height protection degree of surfaces should be more than the height of the highest equipment on the playground. Therefore, before installing rubber playground tiles, make sure they comply with ASTM guidelines. They can not only prevent the risk of serious falls but also provide the children with a stable surface with padding.
Tip 2: Check the surface traction of the rubber material
You should only choose rubber tiles that can withstand harsh weather elements. No matter what the condition is, be it dry, humid, or wet, the rubber tiles must offer good surface traction and also overcome the challenges that come with these conditions.
Look for quality rubber playground tiles to:
- Offers UV resistance and will not degrade in harsh sunlight.
- Can withstand extremely cold temperatures
- Can easily drain water and offers a waterproof surface
These aspects will increase the child’s safety on the playground and also facilitate mobility.
Tip 3: Choose a floor with greater durability
When choosing rubber tiles for the playground, another crucial aspect that you should consider is durability. But why?
The playgrounds experience significant foot traffic. There are also specially-abled children who visit the parks with wheelchairs and other electric mobility devices. The rubber tiles must provide a solid foundation, and for that, they must be resistant enough. Once installed, they last for years while maintaining maximum security. The quality of rubber playground tiles must be such that they do not degrade with wear.
Gym floor tiles – A great option for home gymnastics
With increased awareness of healthy lifestyles, fitness has become a top priority for a large number of individuals and families. Because of this, home gyms have become an increasingly common feature in many households. In addition to the appropriate equipment and exercise routines, having the right layout and decor for your gym is quite crucial.
When it comes to home gyms, Gym Floor Tiles are perhaps one of the best options out there. It is the inherent properties of rubber that make it a safe, healthy, and durable choice for home gym flooring. Just scroll through to find out how you can benefit from installing rubber flooring in your gym.
Benefits associated with Gym Floor Tiles
(1) Strength and Durability: It is the strength and great resistance to daily wear and tear that has made rubber one of the most popular materials for home gyms. In a home setup, gym floor tiles made of rubber are very essential as the setup typically includes heavy exercise equipment. Rubber flooring has the unique ability to withstand pressure, making it ideal for such a setting. The durability of these tiles makes them the perfect flooring option for home gyms.
(2) Noise resistance: A variety of activities are involved in an exercise routine. There are some activities and equipment that generate noise and vibration. But gym floor tiles are noise resistant, so this problem can be easily solved. Therefore, if you have a gym in your home, these tiles allow you to continue your routine without disturbing anyone else.
An appealing playground equipped with safety measures encourages children to enjoy their playing time. Follow the tips shared above while choosing the most suitable rubber playground tiles for the construction of the playground. Also that you have some of the benefits of Gym floor tiles, so you can consider them as a viable option when looking for gym flooring ideas.