If fitness is an essential part of your life, you should consider paying utmost attention to keeping your feet safe during intense workout sessions. And the first step toward enhancing the safety of the workout area is choosing the right flooring solution. Laying a solid and reliable gym floor provides additional traction for feet. But, what’s the ideal flooring solution for a gym? Given the natural friction-elevating and shock absorbency capabilities, rubber floor tiles stand to be the best option!
Rubber tiles are extremely popular in the gym and fitness industry for being one of the easiest flooring solutions. They can help you enjoy a safe and comfortable workout session unlike hard surfaces or carpet floors. So, if you are up for cozy and enjoyable exercising, consider flooring your gym with premium-grade rubber tiles! Want to learn more about rubber tiles? Keep reading this blog till the end since here we’ll cover the types of rubber floors, the benefits of using them, and the things to bear while purchasing them!
Types of Rubber Floors
Rubber floors are available in two forms – homogeneous and laminated tiles. While homogeneous rubber floor tiles feature a single color throughout the entire product, laminated tiles come in patterns and colors that are applied only to the top layer of the product. However, be it homogenous or laminated rubber tiles, both are available in:
- Sheets or Rolls: Rubber sheets or rolls come in the form of wall carpets. This rubber flooring can be cut into the shape of the space, even around obstacles and corners. So, make sure to order rubber sheets or rolls in sizes based on the longest length required.
- Interlocking Tiles: This form of rubber flooring is made from a synthetic material known as EVA foam. They are installed by locking the tiles together without any adhesive. Available in more intricate and multiple colors, interlocking rubber tiles need to be placed aptly to prevent any undulations.
- Square Edge Tiles: As the name implies, Square Edge rubber tiles come in square shapes that need to be installed using adhesives. Since these rubber tiles have sharp edges, they provide a seamless finish to the floor.
Benefits of Rubber Tile Flooring
- Durable: Rubber floors are highly durable and resilient to heavy foot traffic. They are naturally elastic and provide more cushion to the feet than any other type of gym flooring. They are great for absorbing impacts, improving comfortability, and reducing fatigue or injuries during intense workout sessions.
- Slip-Resistant: Rubber tiles provide adequate grip to the feet without being rough. This makes them a perfect flooring solution for workout areas that require more traction to keep the legs trim and toned during heavy weight lifts, squats, lunges, etc.
- Shock Absorbent: Rubber floor tiles provide great shock absorbency that protects joints from injuries and discomforts during cardio or weight lifting exercises.
- Easy to Clean: People sweat a lot in gyms due to intense physical workouts. To maintain the sanity and hygiene of gym floors, it is really important to install a flooring solution that can be easily cleaned. Since rubber floors are relatively easy to maintain than other flooring solutions, they are apt to be installed in gyms and home workout areas.
Is Rubber Flooring Better Than Foam Floors?
When it comes to choosing the ideal flooring solution for workout areas, rubber tiles are always a better choice! That’s mainly because a rubber floor is a more durable, impact-absorbent, and eco-friendly option than foam flooring which is made of EVA foam. Rubber flooring provides a professional look to gym spaces without costing a fortune.
Things To Remember
The key to choosing the right rubber gym flooring lies in the type of activities to be performed in the gym. Here’s how to pick the right rubber floor tiles:
- Review Available Options: It’s essential to take a look at all the available options when choosing rubber gym flooring. Choose rubber mats, tiles, or rolls, depending on your needs, preference, and budget.
- Thickness Matters: Apart from reviewing the available forms of rubber floors, it’s important to look at the rubber thickness when choosing a flooring solution for your workout area. The thicker the material, the more cushioning it will provide to the feet and the more durable it will be.
- Texture & Finish: Once you take a look at the rubber thickness, ensure to review the different textures and finishes available. The textures and finishes add more depth and character to rubber tiles.
- Styles & Designs: Modern rubber flooring tiles come in a multitude range of colors, shapes, designs, and styles. Choosing the right style and design can elevate the aesthetic appeal of the gym space.
Hopefully, this blog helped you learn a lot about rubber floor tiles. Rubber floors are ideal for all gym and workout areas, mainly for their durability, shock absorbency, sound absorbency, eco-friendly, and low-maintenance properties.