One of the important rooms in any house is the toilet, and people strive to make it as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Fortunately, developments in modern building materials and techniques have made the use of bathroom tiles popular, and we can safely say that they are simply amazing! Gone are the days when our only option was concrete or expensive natural stone. Today we can create any design or effect with these tiles that we could ever think of. Constant innovation in this field has enabled the successful implementation of various materials such as ceramic bathroom tiles, terrazzo bathroom tiles, etc. Here we will take a look at the various advantages of using bathroom tiles and large format tiles over concrete and other natural stones in the construction of our precious homes.
Bathroom tiles and tiles as a whole have revolutionized the way we build. While flooring was traditionally made using mosaics, concrete and natural stones such as granite, large-format tiles have almost rendered them obsolete. With that sorted, let’s look at the many benefits of tiling.
- Economic- One of the main advantages of choosing tiles over traditional building materials is the cost savings they bring to the table. While using original granite for residential flooring can be extremely expensive, using tile as an alternative can greatly reduce prices. The primary reason for this is the fact that although natural stones are always in short supply compared to their demand and have to be mined and processed, tiles can be efficiently manufactured in large quantities by using fairly cost-effective raw materials such as clay, silica, etc. Modern tile manufacturing materials and -techniques make extensive use of production line methodologies, thereby achieving economies of scale and a lower cost. Innovations in this area such as the successful commercialization of things like terrazzo bathroom tiles reduce costs even further. So for anyone on a budget, tile is the way to go.
- Maintenance- Unlike concrete floors that require frequent repairs, or natural stone that corrodes easily, something like a large format tile requires little or no maintenance. They would do fine with a periodic wipe-down with water or other readily available floor cleaners. These tiles are highly resistant to stains and corrosion, making them extremely easy to maintain.
- Durable- Tiles are extremely hard and durable and can last for a long time with minimal maintenance. A set of high-quality tiles can even last a lifetime. Terrazzo bathroom tiles also have high tensile strength and can support a lot of weight, making them resistant to cracking and breaking when heavy furniture or objects are placed on top. They can also be used effectively in commercial establishments as they suffer very little wear due to high footfall.
- Wide selection of designs With the popularization of tiles as building materials, it has become an opportunity to create any style or design that our minds could think of. Today, specialized tiles such as finger tiles, wall tiles, glass tiles, mosaic tiles, etc. are widely used to create exquisite designs and patterns that were almost impossible to create with natural stone or concrete. Tiles can even be used to create fascinating artwork or inlays. So if you have a design in mind, there is a tile out there that can do just that for you.
- healthier- Tiles are naturally repellent to allergens such as pollen, animal hair, lint, etc. Unlike concrete and stone, they are not also dust magnets. This ensures that the tiles are very easy to dust or clean and they also help to keep allergy-related diseases at bay.
- Reduces fire hazard- Large format tiles used for floors and wall tiles are naturally resistant to fires. This makes them an obvious choice for homes and businesses.
- Easy installation- Gone are the days when it took months to the floor a single room with concrete or something like marble. Today, you can easily floor an entire property in a matter of hours. This not only reduces the time taken to complete construction by a huge margin, but also comes with significant cost savings due to reduced labor costs.
- Easy to renovate – If you ever want to renovate your property and give it a fresh new life, you would be in luck if you use tiles. Since they are much easier to remove and replace compared to stone or concrete mosaics, you can easily renovate the floor at a fraction of the cost and much faster. Once the removal procedure is complete, you can reinstall new tiles quite easily and economically too.
As you have seen, tiles are better than concrete or natural stone when it comes to construction activities. With modern advances in technology, and with the emergence of newer titles such as terrazzo bathroom tiles or large floor tiles, the future of tile manufacturing looks to be quite interesting.